Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:37 pm by machetegeek

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Glad Elimination - How was it/ suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glad Elimination - How was it/ suggestions

Post by zalib on Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 pm

I recently hosted a glad elimination event. I'm curious for those who attended, how do you think I can improve this event?

To me, it seemed a bit lengthy. With 16 players, the more immature ones tend to try to ruin it a tad. That is something I've noticed. I'm trying to account for those liabilities on the next event just to make sure it goes a bit more smooth. Other than that, what do you think I can do to improve it? Please let me know.

Thank you.

zalib
MonkZ: TLD GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Glad Elimination - How was it/ suggestions

Post by Enryu on Wed May 10, 2017 3:32 am

Hey Colin,
I love the concept of the event, but I agree that there were too many people. If there was a way to make it so it was 6v6, I think it would be perfect. Other than that, I just think making sure everyone knows how to play is the main thing. Organization was kind of meh, but that's to be expected when you're trying out an event.

Thanks for the glad event!
Enryu

Back to top Go down

Post by zalib on Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 pm

I find the second part of it was fine. The 8v8 part was the hard part. I'd hold smaller scale events but that doesn't seem to work well when other players don't get a chance. 4v4 would be perfect for example. I've got a few refinements I need to apply to it. If I had full access it would be easier for me to manage the events. I haven't gotten a full list of commands yet though or access to certain things.

zalib

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascension on Sat May 13, 2017 12:56 am

Though it may be hard to communicate in an effective manner, in my opinion ruling of sportsmanship should come into play in this, and all events.

As you have mentioned, in large scale events immature individuals tend to reduce the glory of what you have presented, and the enjoyment for others who are participating in the event recieve. As such, we should be the ones ensuring those individuals who love the events in which we present get the full effect from what they expect.

This does not apply outside of events, because the adaption of sportsmanship is not something you can teach to some individuals with their own perceptions of what it means, but in our activities we should set the example for how this game was intended to be played. With burning passion for competition and respect for the peers in which we duel.

And, for those who do not respect those they compete with, should be disqualified from the event in which they are partaking.
Ascension
MonkZ Comm. Member
MonkZ Comm. Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top